The Chase High site uses cookies.


We are here
to help

Frequently asked questions

Q: How do I apply to secure my child a place in Year 7 at Chase High?
A: Contact the Admissions Team at Southend Borough Council on 01702 215000.

Q: Who do I speak to if my child has Special Needs?
A: Contact Mrs Ringrose daisy.ringrose(at) or call 01702 361187

Q: Who do I speak to if I am worried about my child’s progress at school?
A: Contact their Form Tutor.

Q: Are there any clubs after school that my child can join?
A: All of our extra-curricular activities are listed here

Q: How would I find out if my child had a detention?
A: Speak to the main office where they have a list of the detentions that are running after school.

Q: If it snows how will I know if the school is open?
A: We always open, no matter what the weather is. We will confirm this on the radio and on the Southend Borough Council website, as well as on our own website. The only reason we would not open would be if the heating had failed.

Q: If my child has an appointment what should I do?
A: Just send them in with a note in their planner explaining when they have to leave and when they will be back.

Q: Do you have a complaints procedure?
A: Yes we do (although we hope you would speak to us first and give us the opportunity to resolve any issue you might have). It is available on request from the reception.

Q: How do I make appointments with staff?
A: Phone the main office and they will either make an appointment for you or ask the appropriate member of staff to contact you.

Q: What should I do if my child is unwell?
A: Either leave a message on the Absence Line or contact your child's Year Administrator.

Q: What should I do if we are experiencing problems at home that might affect my child at school?
A: Please let us know - we will do everything we can to support your child.  Either leave us a message, or call your child’s Tutor or Year Leader and they will get back to you.

Our news & events

Our calendar